First of all, congratulations to everyone who managed to get an entry into this competition. All of the entries are looking great, and I’m sure a lot of us will be stealing some ideas for our future builds on the server.
Now we move onto the voting stage. As outlined in the initial competition post each player on the server gets to vote for 3 entries. Your first choice will gain 3 points, second choice will gain 2 points, and third choice will gain 1 point. You are not able to vote for yourself, and please only submit your votes once. All of these are going to be manually counted, so any out-of-place looking votes will be disregarded entirely. The voting form below will be tracked by IP, so (excluding those that have more than one actual player from the same connection) and extra votes from the same IP will be disregarded.
Voting will run until Sunday 21 Feb, 5.00pm AEST, so if you want to travel to the listed deeds to take a look at the builds first hand before voting, you should have plenty of time. On Sunday night votes will be tallied and the winners will be announced.
You can find all of the entries below, click on the images or links to go to the full album of screenshots for each build. Voting form is at the bottom of this post.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
What better way to spend the last of the summer days for the year than inside your cozy home on KangaWU. This second server wide event on KangaWU is all about making your place pretty. Take a building and design & decorate it until it is clearly the greatest thing in the world. We’ll have some restrictions to building sizes below, so make sure you check them before going away to work on your entry.
This competition will run for the next few weeks, closing on the 18th of February at which point judging will begin. Judging will be done by the entire community, with everyone casting their votes for their favourite three entries. At the end of voting, the winners will get some special items to make their deeds and buildings even fresher than they are.
- The area you have to work with is 3x3x3, and nothing outside of that are will be included in judging.
- This means that you can have a up to a 3 storey, 3×3 house – or anything under that.
- If you want a garden area included in your judging, it will have to be within that 3x3x3 area.
- Roofs do not count towards the 3 storey count, so you can have 3 floors + a roof on top.
- Both existing and new buildings can be entered, as long as the existing building fits the other requirements still.
- Only one entry per player – so focus on your one build and make it the best possible.
- Entries must be submitted through the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JpqH15OPk1VvroIaL6cf7GnMGemRgcw-Yozxa4d3Nvs/viewform
- Each player will be able to cast votes for their top 3 choices. The first choice will receive 3 points, second will receive 2 points, 3rd will receive 1 point.
- Players will not be able to vote for their own entry.
- Voting will be handled in a way that each person can only submit their votes once.
- The three current GMs will also cast 3 votes, but the points from GMs will be doubled – 6 points for first choice, then 4 then 2.
- Points will be tallied to determine the winners.
Winners and Prizes:
- Top 5 entries after the votes are tallied will win the below prizes.
- Note: All items won will be rare.
- First place: 50 Silver, 1x Dragon HOTA Statue, 1x Lady of the Lake HOTA Statue, 2x Kingdom Banners (Player’s Choice), 10kg Barrel of Dye (Player’s Choice of Colour).
- Second Place: 25 Silver, 1x Lady of the Lake HOTA Statue, 2x Kingdom Banners (Player’s Choice), 5kg Barrel of Dye (Player’s Choice of Colour)
- Third Place: 15 Silver, 1x Deer HOTA Statue, 2x Kingdom Banners (Player’s Choice), 5kg Barrel of Dye (Player’s Choice of Colour)
- Fourth & Fifth Places: 5 Silver, 1x Kingdom Banner (Player’s Choice), 5kg Barrel of Dye (Player’s Choice of Colour)
We look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
Special December Event:
Between the 1st and 22nd of December, the Gods of Wurm have demanded for shrines to be created in their honour, reaching as far to the heavens as possible.
Climb as high as you can in the world and build a colossus in the image of your favoured God, those that do will be rewarded with untold riches and special un-obtainable items on KangaWU.
Judging will occur on the 22nd of December at 8pm AEST, with the top 5 colossi splitting prizes from the pool below. All colossi completed will also earn 10kg of 80ql Seryll from their god.
Prize pool includes: 3x Bag of Keeping, 3x Small Magical Chest, 3x Plumed Helm of the Hunt, 3x Sculpting Wand, 3x 90ql Gold Statuette
The Small Details:
Each group of people creating a colossus will be counted as one group. Each person will only be counted towards one group. Only one colossus will be counted for each group – so if you have extra time, focus on building it higher, not just more. Prizes each group receives can be split between the group at their own discretion, only one winning entry per group. Please have a leader decided who will choose and receive any prizes. You can build your colossus solo if you wish, groups are not necessary.
Once completed, group leader please post the location of your colossus in the event thread on the forums, as well as your in game name if it is different to your forum name.
Prize distribution: Highest colossus will receive one of each of the prizes in the pool, along with the 10kg Seryll lump. Second and third highest will get to choose 3 items from the remaining prize pool (max one of each item) as well as a 10kg Seryll lump each. Fourth and fifth highest will get to choose 2 items from the remaining prize pool, with 4th choosing first, then 5th choosing, then 4th choosing, and 5th getting the last item – as well as a 10kg seryll lump each. Each remaining colossus completed in the event time will receive a 10kg Seryll lump. Gold statuettes will be created as the type of the god of your choosing.