It's Competition Time!!

Home Forums News & Announcements It's Competition Time!!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TheWildDog 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TheWildDog
    Participant

Wait? What!! A COMPETITION!!!

Oh yes, I know you are surprised and I do not want to delay you. So here are the details.
    The server has had a few event areas, Black Keep and Dragons Fall. As of the time of this post there is no Black Keep anymore and Dragon’s Fall is on it’s way out. So some of us decided it was time to make a new event area!! The new location will be at the current deed “Surveying Co” just below “The Last Colony”.

“Yeah, yeah, radi ra ra ra”
    So, what does this competition entail?

All it takes is to

What you are doing is designing the new event area so there are going to be some specifications. The theme is “nature”
    But we require

• a flat fighting arena for big events and unique killings with a grand stand/viewing area for people not involved
    • a small brawling pit for people to spar and to allow people to watch
    • an area for a highway to go through or an area for the highway to end at, with an entrance to the deed,
      the access to the Island will be on the NE corner with a 2 tile bridge
    • a port for all types of boats
    • It will be community built, so keep in that mind.

“But, what do I get for winning?”

Well, first of all, we will build the deed for you (so don’t go too crazy ;D), we are organising some sweet rewards from the GMs so you’re design will last the lifetime of the server.

“How long do I have?”

We have decided that you have 3 weeks from now (8th December) to submit your designs! At the end of the competition we will open a public blind vote so we can see who the winner is.

So, it’s time to get started and I can’t wait to see the submissions!!

Regards
    The Wild Dog

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  TheWildDog.

TheWildDog
    Participant

New date for final designs, this Wednesday the 13th of December

TheWildDog
    Participant

Welcome Back to The Competition!

It’s been a long 3 weeks since the competition has started and their definitely are some creative people out there that want to show their designs. All the others must be hermits

“So what?”

Now, over those 3 weeks I have been chit chatting with the GMs as they wanted to be involved with such an amazing event ,No big heads here, and we have finalised the prizes;

• Epic Mallet – BOTD 100
    • Epic Trowel – BOTD 100
    • Permanent Deed

“Wait, What?!?!?!

Yeah, our GMs are being generous and the deed will be forever with Kanga!!

“I want to vote!!”

Now, I have designed a voting system, this system means you can only vote once forever. I would like to mention that at the start of the competition there were a few ground rules for the New Event Area, those were;

• a flat fighting arena for big events and unique killings with a grand stand/viewing area for people not involved
    • a small brawling pit for people to spar and to allow people to watch
    • an area for a highway to go through or an area for the highway to end at, with an entrance to the deed,
      the access to the Island will be on the NE corner with a 2 tile bridge
    • a port for all types of boats
    • It will be community built, so keep in that mind.

So keep these in mind when voting.
    Also, deed planner does have a few bugs and glitches with bridges and placements.

“It’s time to vote!”

Here is a picture of the island untouched Untouched

Entrant A:
    This entrant has a mix of marble and slate buildings and consists mainly of slate paving. There are 2 fighting pits, event fighting area, 2 docks, and a random colossus. With slate bridges everywhere. This contestant has gone for an oak forest surrounding the area.
    Pictures

Entranb B:
    This entrant has a mix of Marble, sandstone and timber framed buildings. There is a main road made of slate paving and others are made of pottery brick. Slate bridges connect everywhere. There is a fighting pit, event fighting area, 2 docks, an inn, a rest area, horse pens and tent area. This contestant has gone for a birch forest surrounding the area with a couple of orange trees and willows.
    Pictures

Entrant C:
    This entrant has slate buildings with slate and wooden plank paving. There is a fighting pit, event fighting area, horse pens and 4 docks! The trees here are from the original.
    Pictures

“Now I’ve seen em all”

Remember that there are a few bugs and glitches with bridge types on the deedplanner, so please refer to descriptions for their bridge types.

Now to vote, click on this link EDIT: Go to next response for voting

Happy Voting and thanks to all the entrants!!
    Voting ends Sunday 17th December

Thewilddog

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  TheWildDog.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TheWildDog.

TheWildDog
    Participant

Due to a bit of confusion on the voting system I have used, I am now using a new voting system so I can check that people that are from Kanga are the ones voting and not some strangers who don’t know who we are. There are also some serious prizes being awarded, so I am taking extra caution.

Here is the new link, you do not need to sign up and can only vote once, fingers crossed nothing bugs out. Click On Me

As this is a new voting period, this will end by this Friday so get your votes in.

TheWildDog
    Participant

We are at the end!

The voting has been completed and you guys have spoken loud and clear. From the start of this we have had 3 entries. Entrant A, B and C. These were submitted and each contestant have done a great job using their creativity to lure in votes.

What are the results?

Well over the past week with the new voting system we have had a clear winner, there were a total of 39 votes handed in. The winner had 2/3rds of the votes. Here is the graph below

As you can see, the clear winner (25 votes) was Entrant C, and this was Masterdevin. He got the most votes for our new Event Area design which will be a permanent deed to last the lifetime of Kanga (future changes may be made but that is not in the near future) and gotten himself a Epic Mallet and Epic Trowel with BOTD 100 to help him with his building projects.

The other contestants were Thewilddog (Entrant B) and Cabbage (Entrant C).

When will we be building it?

Well, time will tell at the moment as christmas is around the corner and people will be filling up their bellies to end up in a food coma. As this was Masterdevins design he will be overseeing it’s construction, making little tweaks here and there if he wishes. We hope to have finished this deed by the start of February but as we all know, only time can tell.

Thanks to all the people who entered, voted and the GMs for their support with the rewards. It’s great to see a community that wants to get involved with the future of Kangawu.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  TheWildDog.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.